Thursday, June 3, 2010

Old Friends Rediscovered

I was recently contacted by a person named Peter Jones. Peter is apparently researching the history of the RAF Children's School in Naples Italy. On a service called "Friends Reunited" he discovered a picture of the fourth form in 1962. I took the liberty of identifying the people I recognize from the picture.

http://www.friendsreunited.com/

Starting on the left and going right : unknown blond guy, unknown girl in a wheel chair, the guy from Scotland in front kneeling is Alfred Andrew , tthe two behind him remain unidentified behind him (the one in front may be Christopher), Felicity Ann Knight, Susan Gates Helen Rooney and Daphne.

Missing are Peter Kay and myself.,Christa, The Iceland girls Steina Hansdottir and her sister.girls and the Tucker trwins.

I am not in the picture nor is Headmaster Tucker who according to Daphne had departed the school. This is probably in theearly 1963 or Late 1992 when I had departed for school in Rome. The guy from Scotland arrived just before I left.

I and amazed that there are any pictures at all. This one is the best find ever! Thanks to Daphne!

1 comment:

  1. I was at this school with my brother Michael a few years later. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures. I was Head girl in (I think) 1966
    Sharon Willis

    ReplyDelete