Monday, March 29, 2010

The Ink Well Incident



In the RAF Children’s school the desks had inkwells and writing was done with quills. One job for those in the 4th form was mixing the ink by adding water to a blue dust. The resulting ink would then be placed in the wells at each desk. While mixing the ink Peter Kay became annoying. In the exchange of words I mentioned that if he did not “pipe down” I’d pour ink on his head. He then dared me to do it. Well, a dare in front of classmates must be answered. So I poured an inkwell on his head. When Peter Kay got home his mother saw the damage and called my mother directly. I was told that Mrs. Kay had an impressive collection of vulgar adjectives. Fortunately bulk of the assault was lost on my mother how, as an Americans, do not find being called a "pig" especially offensive if not a bit lame as curses go. The majority of the assault was in thick English accent to the point of encrypting the contained references. She did catch “me Darlin Peter Kay” often. My mother immediately called Flt Lt Tucker to get a translation. His only response to my mother was “Oh my god she’ll be calling me next!” I never heard a thing about the incident until my mother told me years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment